Thursday, March 13, 2014

Back from the dread.....

I'm back.  Did you miss me?  Of course you did. I stopped this page, as well as the Facebook page due to needing to care for my youngest son.  Last year, we found out he is autistic.  I call him awesome. What's in a label, anyway?

Now that he is in school, I will have time to update at least once a week, maybe more if time permits.  I am not going to continue to Facebook cooking page.  Too much negativity.  Ugly people can be dreadful.  No meanies allowed.  This is a happy place.



Here's the food.  Last night, I made Indian food. We had a tofu curry, pakoras, and a flatbread. I made the flatbread using carrots, instead of zucchini.  The flatbread recipe is Manjula's kitchen. The other recipes are from another great chef.  I was pleased that our youngest, Little Bear tried the pakora, flatbread, and basmati rice.  Autistic kids are known for being very picky eaters.  Parenting win!  I almost forgot. I also made a ginger apricot chutney. It was really tasty. I just pureed some dried apricots, water, ginger, garlic, and a dash of cayenne.  Sweet, and spicy!


I have been given the opportunity to once again, test for a great vegan chef.  So, some recipes will show pictures.  But. will not show the recipe itself. 

Also, for future reference, all the meals listed on this blog are now gluten-free.  Of course they are vegan.  Since a gluten-free diet has worked wonders on our sweet, autistic one.  We eat gluten-free. It was actually an easy transition. I love to cook, and bake.  So, it has been a fun challenge. 

Check back later.  There will be more posts.  I have missed you, and look forward to sharing recipes.

Food is love.

blessings,
Krys, and the boys

5 comments:

  1. I'm a GF vegan as well--looking forward to your GF baking to give me some ideas. Hugs to your youngest--glad the diet is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. <3 I am glad to be blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You know I have missed your page! I am so glad you are back and things have smoothed out with Little Bear! He is awesome as is the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Krys, I have missed your Facebook page and your old blog, I'm glad to see you here. Good luck on your parenting journey with your two, it sounds like you are diving into the challenge of meeting your autistic son's needs in particular.

    ReplyDelete